Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tobi Fairley on Barclay Butera: Day 2

Thanks to Tobi Fairley for the second of her week-long series of posts on Barclay Butera!!

Tuesday, December 1
The Barclay Butera Collection


If you have spent more than five minutes on my blog, you know that I am crazy about Barclay Butera’s wing chairs. Especially the Hyland, 2 of which are in my very own living room.
But my love for Barclay’s furniture doesn’t stop with the wing chairs. I am equally crazy about several of his sofas, some of his gorgeous case goods and much, much more.
Here are some of my favorite pieces in the Barclay Butera Home Collection.

The Mulholland sofa is handsome. I actually have it in my gallery in chocolate velvet and it’s stunning.

The English Club is so inviting. Great when comfort is a must!

The Rene sofa and loveseat are feminine and glamorous. Can’t you just imagine this pink version in a dressing room??

The Paris Club chair is relatively small but is big on personality. The polished nickel nailhead detailing make it young, yet sophisticated.

The similar lines of the Sussex Chair are enhanced with great texture when upholstered in Raffia. It looks wonderful in both formal and casual spaces.

One of Barclay’s signature elements, animal print, looks fantastic on the Newport Chair and Ottoman.

The Bel Air Ottoman is urban and hip. The white patent leather on this version is very sexy.

This year at the High Point furniture market, I was especially excited to see some of Barclay’s new introductions that fill a void for my designs.

I am crazy about small benches and “floating” occasional peices that can serve multiple purposes. These new [Essex] benches fit the bill perfectly. I love the tufted top paired with the simple x base. It is the precise blend of traditional and contemporary elements that make these the ideal bench for any space.

Barclay’s new Manhattan swivel chairs are also very exciting to me. I often use swivel chairs in my designs because they are so versatile and functional. It is great when you can combine these features with a beautiful and stylish look. I think Barclay has done just that. And the bonus…these are AMAZINGLY comfortable. I sat in them for at least 30 minutes resting my tired feet and it was difficult to make myself get up.

You can find these and many more of the Barclay Butera Home pieces on their website. And I will be back later in the week with Barclay’s signature collection for Hearst Castle.
In the meantime, enter to win an autographed copy of Barclay’s book, Living in Style, by sending an email to me at tobifairley@gmail.com with the subject line “Barclay Butera Book Giveaway”. Only one entry per person please. The drawing will be held this Friday, December 4th at noon Central time.
Good luck.

###
See original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment